Configure SharePoint Learning Kit = Access Denied

Topics: User Forum
Jan 23, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Hi,

After getting SLK almost to the point of being able to add a web part, I got stuck with permission denied errors. I decided to go back to square one and completely remove the solution and then re-add it.

I did the usuall AddSolution / DeploySolution with success. However, when I go to Application Management and click on "Configure SharePoint Learning Kit", the webpage takes a while to load and eventually reports:

Error: Access Denied
You are currently signed in as: DOMAIN_NAME\administrator
Sign in as a different user

Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,
Paul
Jan 23, 2007 at 10:26 PM

This could happen if DOMAIN_NAME\administrator is not an administrator for the 'Shared Services Administration' site collection. You can check it at Central Administration -> Application Management -> Site Collection Administrators.

Jan 24, 2007 at 11:13 AM
I'm an idiot. Thank you - that did the trick.
Jun 4, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Now, I changed the deploysolution.cmd localhost to the site with the port number.
I changed that site from Windows to Forms Authentication.

I got that same error message, however if I try to sign in as another use, it is only allowing me to do that via Windows Authentication.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Nathan
(a thought may be to change it back to Win Auth, configure, then change it back to Forms Auth.)
Jan 29, 2010 at 3:15 AM

I have the same issue:

when I go to Application Management and click on "Configure SharePoint Learning Kit",  I get

Error: Access Denied
You are currently signed in as: DOMAIN_NAME\administrator
Sign in as a different user

Also we have verified under "Site Collection Administrators" that current loged-in user either primary or secondary site collection administrator.

Any body any help please..... thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Pinal Bhatt

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Try with other accounts of sharepoint. For example setup user or farm administrator.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I'm having this problem too. I really don't know why, though, as the account I'm trying to use I used to activate over 1,000 my sites not that long ago. I haven't upgraded to the new version yet. What's going on?

This is the event on the sharepoint server.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  08/04/2010
Time:  00:36:48
User:  N/A
Computer: SHAREPOINT2
Description:
SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.HandleAccessDenied(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleUnauthorizedAccessException(UnauthorizedAccessException ex)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetRoleDefsDataAsSafeArray(String bstrUrl, UInt32 dwRolesScope, Guid& pguidScopeId, Int32 principalId, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarDataSet)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.Init()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleDefinitionCollection.Undirty()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPBaseCollection.System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator()
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkAdministration.PermissionsExist(Guid spSiteGuid, String[] permissionNames)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkAdministration.LoadConfiguration(Guid spSiteGuid, String& databaseServer, String& databaseName, Boolean& createDatabase, String& instructorPermission, String& learnerPermission, Boolean& createPermissions)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AdminPages.ConfigurePage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I can't find any associated event on the sql server (seperate system).