Input Requested on our LMS Model and this plugin

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Sep 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hello,

We are currently using Moddle for LMS with SCORM and looking to do an upgrade. The upgrade path for Moodle is not a pretty one for us because we are NOT a higher education system. We do not want things setup on semester basis. We don't want users to be able to upload. In other words Moodle seems to be moving in a direction we don't want to go. Since we have Sharepoint 2007 and competent developers in-house I wanted to explore the possibility of using this plugin. Here is what we hope to accomplish:

We want our training content available to our clients. Our clients want to release this content to their employess but they want their own skin. No problem. Each client gets a Sharepoint Site with their skin on it.

We want our content to be in a central repository that can't be spidered or hacked into from the url line. Currently in Moodle this can be done. No problem there. Sharepoint document library will keep it secure.

We only want one copy of our documents. Currently in Moodle we have a completely redundant copy of all of our SCORM material for every site. That is where I believe this plug-in will excel. If I understand correctly this plugin will let me decide what docs from the repository are available to what sites. It will "link" the site item to the doc in the repository without me having to create a whole new version of the doc for that site.

Have a stated the major objectives correctly??

TIA

JB

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM

If I understand your requirements correctly, you are sort of correct.

The training content can be stored in a site the learners do not have access to. However the instructors need to be able to access the site to assign the work. They need to browse the document library containing the learning content, and then choose E-learning actions from the drop down list to assign it.

I'm not sure that this will work quite how you want it to.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk