This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't find the webpart

Topics: User Forum
Jul 11, 2006 at 10:08 AM
Hi,

I am having a problem when I install the SLK. All seems to go well but I don’t get the webpart.

I have MOSS single portal server, I created a sub team Site and have activated the SLK on this site.

When I go to the root of the portal to Galleries and then Webparts and click on New I don’t see the SLK webpart in the list.

I have tried to also activate the SLK on the home portal but still didn’t see the webpart in the New list of the webparts Gallerie.

I also can’t find the two users groups I was supposed to make after I configured the SLK.

Does anybody have a tip for me who to install it correctly?

Working with a large university for a MOSS POC and wanted to add the SLK so they can see how they can teach with MOSS as well.

Regards,

Olaf
Jul 11, 2006 at 6:14 PM
Hi Olaf. In order for the Web Part to show up in the gallery, you have to add it. The procedure for this is described in Section 2.2.3 at the bottom of Page 6. Note that there is a separate gallery for each site collection.

Hope this helps,
-- David

PS, I just noticed that the table of contents in the GettingStarted document is incorrect. :(
Jul 11, 2006 at 6:34 PM
As for the two user groups you describe, they are actually permissions, which you can apply to individual users or groups to identify them as SLK Instructors or Learners.

You can assign permissions to users and groups on your site by selecting People and Groups > Site Permissions. On this page you can check the users and groups you want to assign the permissions and select Actions > Edit User Permissions.

On the edit permissions page you should see the SLK Instructor and SLK Learner permissions that were created during configuration.

Users who are assigned the SLK Learner or SLK Instructor permissions will appear as available learners and instructors when assigning to the site.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Jul 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Hi,

The webparts now work. It just took a couple of hours before they showed up in the list where I could add them. All it took was time to solve it :-)

The right groups was just my bad, didn't look in the right place.

Dec 14, 2006 at 7:21 AM
Hi, I have a similar problem. I am following the instruction in GettingStarted.doc: but when in New web parts, cannot find Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts... What could be the problem? Thanks.
Dec 14, 2006 at 10:32 AM
Solved. Changed "localhost" to the actual host:port in DeploySolution.cmd

You're right, after several hours of struggling. If only there is a message giving the clue.
Mar 21, 2007 at 7:52 PM
Thanks joantea. That solved the problem for me too. I only spent an hour with this problem.