LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.5.correct_responses.0.pattern to [C]Incorrect data type

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 23, 2008 at 4:32 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2008 at 4:35 AM

I have deployed SLK(x64 version) on an E-Learning Portal developed on SharePoint 2007. However, when I tested on two particular SCORM learning packages created using Lectora, I encounter error prompts.

The learning packages that was tested each contains a 5-questions quiz. The error occurs at the last question, upon clicking on a 'Next' button to navigate to the next page that will display the scores attained.

The following records what the error typically prompts when I took the quiz

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.5.correct_responses.0.pattern to [C]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.5.student_response.0.pattern to [B]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.6.correct_responses.0.pattern to [B]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.6.student_response.0.pattern to [A]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.7.correct_responses.0.pattern to [1.A,2.B,3.C]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.7.student_response.0.pattern to [,2.C,]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.8.correct_responses.0.pattern to [D]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.8.student_response.0.pattern to [B]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.9.correct_responses.0.pattern to [1.A,2.B,3.C]Incorrect data type.

LMSSetValue Error: cmi.interactions.9.student_response.0.pattern to [1.B,2.A,3.C]Incorrect data type.

In other words, the error prompted 10 times in the above sequence. Nevertheless, after clicking OK to the 10 error prompts, the status and scores could still be displayed on the next page and registered by SLK.

1. From my understanding, SCORM only specifies the type of responses (e.g. student response, correct response) but there is no specification on the data type. Thus I suspect that the status passed to the Learning Management System (LMS), may not be what the LMS is expecting.

E.g. Our learning package is configured to pass back "PASS" or "FAIL". But the LMS might be expecting "completed" or "uncompleted". Thus causing the error.

Appreciate if someone can enlighten me. 

2. If indeed the cause is due to the wrong status passed, I would like to know the status SLK is expecting. Is it "completed" and "uncompleted"?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!