Lesson status is always Failed

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hi
We will use SLK version 1.5 on a SharePoint 2010 Farm and that's works fine :)
But, due following a course the status of lesson is always failed or incomplete. We have create a custom navigation to shown the lessons with a mark of status. We use SCROM1.2 packages, because SCROM2004 packages will not held the status of a lesson and is always NotAttempt.
By navigate to another lesson, the LMS course always shown the message "The course is ended. You can close manually."

Do have anyone an idea why the lesson status always Failed is?

Thanks.

William
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM
It sounds like the package hasn't submitted the result to SLK to save. Without looking at a package I can't tell anymore. You could try enabling debugging on a test server.

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk/index.php/2011/08/debugging-the-sharepoint-learning-kit-frameset-and-scorm-interactions/

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Mar 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Hi Richard,
  • Thanks for your reply. The issue occurs due an error in the module. When I save a lesson I see in the debug window that value of the lessonstatus is "completed" or incompleted. I want to retrieve this status from the SLK API but there is no interface to retrieve the status of a lesson. So, I've check the database ans take a look in table activityattemptitem and the lessonstatus is null. Can you explain where I can retrieve the correct lessonstatus of an activity in the database? I've also try this sql statement: Select aai.lessonstatus, ai.Attemptstatus from activityattemptitem aai, attemptitem ai, lessonstatus ls where aai.attemptid = ai.id and ai.learnerassignmentid = 2
The result is that the lessonstatus is null and the attempt status is 0.

We want to show the progress of a course and marked the lesson which are completed.

Regards,

William
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM
By lesson do you mean an assignment (in SLK terms) or a SCO of a SCORM package?
Jun 10, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Hi Richard,

I too have this issue. The Learner Assignment always return status 'InComplete' and Failed as 'Success Status. Some times the score get updated, sometime not. When I debug, I could see the correct data is coming from javascript API to 'HiddenHelper.cs' to the 'ProcessModelValues' function.

But the table which is not getting updated is 'AttemptItem'. For which the success status always getting as 'Failed' or 'Unknown'. I am using 1.7 with SP2010.

While debugging I could see 'Sequencing Exception' occurs. Could you please advice is this inconsistency due to sequencing exceptions? If yes, please advice how we can solve these exception? Is sequencing issues due to error in SCORM zip package?

Please help me.

Thank You,
Safiya
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Are you able to share the file?