How to deploy SLK to Sharepoint Foundation 2010 with Visual Studio 2010

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I have configured SLK to my sharepoint 2010 site. After configuring SLK to SP 2010, I have download the source code of slk. Now I want to deploy my code to SP 2010 using visual studio.

In other words, how to customize the sharepoint learning kit web parts using source code. Is there any way through which I be able to insert or remove new or existing fields in the assignment list and other web parts?

Any help would highly be appreciated.
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM
If you just want to change the columns in the assignment list web part, that is controlled by the queries in slksettings.xml.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Thanks for your reply. Actually I want to customize the assignment page as well, like I want to add the custom fields in the assignmentproperties.aspx page. Things seem easier, but they are not
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
and do you have any idea regarding debugging the slk using visual studio 2010? I want to run the source code outside the context of sharepoint, as discussed in the readme.txt file in the slk project.
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM
You won't be able to run the aspx pages outside of SharePoint, the SharePoint object model is too embedded in it for that. I've had a quick look at the readme and can't see it talking about running it outside of SharePoint.