Unable to view student answers when reviewing assignment

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Hi,
I am evaluating SLK 1.5.2 and 1.6 on SP2010.
I have build some demo courses with iSpring Quizmaker and uploaded them on SLK.
I have the following questions if anybody can help :
  • When the course is submitted by the student, the instructor cannot see the student's answers when clicking on user name. The same happens when the course is returned to the student, the student cannot see his previous answers when reviewing the course.
  • When the student presses any button in the course player (ie the "Save & Close" or the X browser button) the course is submitted to the instructor, ie I cannot find any button the student can click and save his answers and have the possibility to review and complete his course in a 2nd step.
  • How can the instructor publish a new version of a course by replacing an existing one ?
    Do I miss any installation configuration process ?
    Is the QuizMaker suitable, or another tool could solve me the above problems ?
    Can you suggest tools that could help me on the above ?
    Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Hi,

I haven't got any experience of QuizMaker, but I'll try to answer.
  • When the course is submitted by the student, the instructor cannot see the student's answers when clicking on user name. The same happens when the course is returned to the student, the student cannot see his previous answers when reviewing the course.
Have you enabled review mode in the quizmaker settings?
  • When the student presses any button in the course player (ie the "Save & Close" or the X browser button) the course is submitted to the instructor, ie I cannot find any button the student can click and save his answers and have the possibility to review and complete his course in a 2nd step.
That will depend on the package supporting it.
  • How can the instructor publish a new version of a course by replacing an existing one ?
No. If versioning is turned on in the document library, then the exact version assigned is always run by the student. If versioning isn't turned on, the the latest version uploaded to the library is used, however, if the assignment has already been started, then there may be inconsistencies/errors depending on the changes.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Hi,

i faced with the same problem.
Quiz created by QuizMaker, doesn't allow check student result.
Richard, could you kindly advice a tool for creating quiz which support this feature

Thanks a lots of
D.