SLK Assign to Self not available in Instructor My Assignments Web Part

Topics: User Forum
Jun 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I have enabled the Assign to Self feature in SharePoint. I can successfully allow a user to assign training to themselves and complete the training.

My goal is to provide users the ability to add training to their list of assignments and submit their responses to the embedded questions to the Instructor for review and grading. However, when a user adds the training using the Assign to Self feature, it does not display in the Instructor's My Assignments Web Part. It also does not display when the training is marked as completed.

I can assign the training to the site, but I would like to enable the ability for new staff to download the training as they come onboard so that the Instructor does not need to manually add training as new employees come onboard. Given the size of the organization, this could be an arduous task.

Is the behavior I am describing occurring by design or is there something I should do to ensure that the Assign to Self feature appears in the Instructor's My Assignments Web Part?
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM
That behaviour is by design. When you assign to self then there is no instructor assigned, so they don't get to see the results.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk