The required element, <LearningResource>, is missing.

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM
We recieved SCORM training from a 3rd party. When we attempt to perform "E-Learning Actions" on the training, we get the following error:

The learning resource is not valid. The required element, <LearningResource>, is missing. Extra information:A valid index.xml begins with a <LearningResource> node in the "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:learning-resource" namespace.

We have several other SCORM training modules that work great, and I haven't been able to see why we are having this issue. There is no referrence in our working SCORM training to any "LearningResource" tag, and the imsmanifest file for our problem training seems to be formatted correctly. The problem training does work for others using different LMS.
Would anyone be able to tell me what this error is referring to and how I might be able to work around it?

UPDATE: It appears that the SLK does not recognize the root node as a LearningResource node. An abbreviated excerpt from the problem imnsmanifest follows:
<manifest  ...>
  <metadata>
    <schema>ADL SCORM</schema>
    <schemaversion>CAM 1.3</schemaversion>
  </metadata>
  <organizations default="ORG">
    <organization identifier="ORG">
      <title>Organization</title>
      <item identifier="ITEM" identifierref="TrainingSCO1">
        <title>Training</title>
 <imsss:sequencing>
  <imsss:deliveryControls tracked="true" completionSetByContent="true" objectiveSetByContent="true" />
 </imsss:sequencing>
      </item>
 <imsss:sequencing>
  <imsss:controlMode choice="true" flow="true" />
 </imsss:sequencing>
    </organization>
  </organizations>
<resources>
 <resource identifier="Training-2" type="webcontent" adlcp:scormType="asset" href="APIWrapper.js">
  <file href="APIWrapper.js"/>
 </resource>
 <resource identifier="TrainingSCO1" type="webcontent" adlcp:scormType="sco" href="index.htm">
  <file href="index.htm"/>
 </resource>
</resources> 
</manifest>
Jan 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Within the SCORM zip we were given there was a file named "index.xml". I am not sure how the SLK uniquely treats this file, but upon deleting the file everything now works.