assignment webpart not showing all content arabic after installation of language pack

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Hi 
We require the assignment list web part in arabic language. Currently we have installed the sharepoint language pack and SLK language pack1.1 for arabic with slk 1.3.1 RC.  It displays all the content, query title (Active, To Do, All Assignments etc) and the column headings in english however only the status column values are displayed in arabic.
When an assignment is clicked,  the Begin Assignment/Grade assignment pages are properly displayed in Arabic.
Can anybody help? Is there any web part specific for arabic language?
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Hi,

I must admit that I haven't looked at the internationalization part of SLK at all as of yet. Can anyone using other languages confirm if the content, query title (Active, To Do, All Assignments etc) and the column headings are in English or the proper language for their language pack?

Richard
Feb 3, 2009 at 5:20 AM
Has any one come across such issue
Feb 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM
these strings are pulled for the SLK settings file, make sure while configuring SLK from central admin to use arabic SLK settings file or the one on the server in the SLK folder is the arabic file
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:30 AM
marwantarek,
Thanks for the reply just figured it out one day before. We added arabic titles in query & queryset tags in the slksettings and referenced the queries in the assignment webpart properties. Info is also available in the slk sdk.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM
For anyone with a similar issue, each language pack includes a SlkSettings.xml file with the appropriate titles in that language. You can install it by running UpdateSlkSettings.bat. This will over write any customizations that you have done to an existing one, so you'll have to add them to the language pack slkSettings.xml file, or add the titles to your customized one.