Problem to execute UpdateSLKSettings.bat.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:09 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM
Hi
i'm new to slk.
i have installed slk, then install language pack (fa-ir) successfully.
now when i want to execute UpdateSLKSettings.bat via cmd, the following error message display to me :

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit, Version=1.3.0.2, Culture=neutral, Public
KeyToken=24e5ae139825747e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find th
e file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit, Version=1.3.0.2, Culture=neutral, P
ublicKeyToken=24e5ae139825747e'
   at Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].

also, i have create new DWORD registry key (Fusion!EnableLog) in this address and set it's value to 1 :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\

but still when i run UpdateSLKSettings.bat again, i got the above error message.

Note : I review my GAC folder and found this assembly :

Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit    Version=1.3.1.0

as u can see in error message, the assembly version is not equal to current assembly which exists in GAC.
can anybody help me ?

My another question is that how to copy SlkSettings.xml manually (i didn't found SlkSettings.xml in hive (12) and my app port in inetpub) ?
thanks

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2009 at 11:55 PM
The version of slkadmin.exe in the language packs is incorrect. Replace it with the one in the 1.3.1 download and try running UpdateSLKSettings.bat again.

I'll update the language pack later.

Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:52 AM
I've now updated the zip file on the 1.3.1 release page to contain the correct version of slkadmin.exe.

You will need to modify the url in UpdateSLKSettings.bat to reflect your site collection.