Error When Adding Web Part

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
First off, thanks for making such a tool available for public use. I look forward to getting it going.

I believe I was able to successfully deploy SLK 1.7 via installation and deployment. I also received a successful message when setting up my database as well and I have confirmed the database has been created successfully on the SQL instance.

I am deployed/activated at the farm level so when I accessed the site collection I wished to use for the tool, I activated each SLK component successfully at the site level.

When I go to a page for editing and try to add one of the SLK web parts, I get the following error.

"A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type is not registered as safe."

Am I missing something? My SharePoint version is 2010 Standard w/SP1 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Any insight or ideas here?
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM
You need to deploy the solution to the web application containing the site collection. This will add the web part to the safe controls in the web.config for that application.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk