Creating a SCORM unit with assessment(quiz)

Topics: User Forum
Jul 20, 2006 at 3:25 PM
I would like to know how Solitaire sample was created. Which tool was used?

I was not able to create a scenario in which, user should navigate from one unit to another after clearing the assessment in between the units.
Jul 20, 2006 at 4:38 PM
The Solitaire content was created by hand using a text editor. We wanted to fully understand what went into creating SCORM 2004 content, so we decided to build it from scratch and try to use many SCORM 2004 concepts.

The content uses minNormalizedMeasure, mapped global objectives, and pre-condition rollup rules to allow the user to continue to the next section only after passing the objective of the prior section. You can see how that was implemented by looking at the imsmanifest.xml.

When I get a chance, I will post a document or wiki page on this site that describes in more detail how the Solitaire content works and how it was implemented. (I will also try to finish up the Solitaire content, which you will notice is also in CTP1 form.)

In the meantime, feel free to post any specific questions you have.

Thanks,
Mark
Jul 27, 2006 at 9:47 AM
Will there be a editor in the next release to create SCORM content? (like the teachersetup of CS)

good job!

thanks,

Remco Ploeg
http://www.sharepointblogs.com/remcoploeg
Jul 27, 2006 at 9:51 PM
No, SLK will not ship a SCORM editor. In V1 of SLK we are concentrating on the e-learning runtime and SharePoint integration. There are several SCORM editors on the market. You can find a couple free trial links on www.learninggateway.net.

-Mark
Jul 28, 2006 at 4:56 AM
...also the Teacher Client from Class Server can be used to create content for SLK, since SLK will run Class Server content (starting with CTP2, which is coming soon...)