SLK CSS issue

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Hi There,

I intalled the SLK 1.7 in SP2010 and SP2013 environments. The install on 2010 works fine but in 2013 does not.
In SP2013 I'm getting an error for some css files "SEC7113: CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch".

Does someone had this issue before ?
Could this issue be caused by configuration on the server ?

any help is welcome

cheers
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Where does the error occur and on which css files?

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I have the same issue. This issue relates to any css file linked to the html page in the course. This error message you can see in browser debugger. It seems that SLK do not provide the MIME type for the css files and SP 2013 do not like this. It seems that the same issue also related to the gif images, but I'm not sure if they are related.
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I think that I find the problem. I've created the HTTP handler which writes some text to response and set the mime type to text/css. It is working perfectly. When I then trying to add the path like it is done in SLK is is working in this case: http://es2013_01:81/_layouts/15/SP2013.BalTest/DownloadCss.ashx/test/1.html but does not work when the file extension is .css. For example: http://es2013_01:81/_layouts/15/SP2013.BalTest/DownloadCss.ashx/test/1.css - in this case handler does not fire at all.

It seems that SharePoint somehow trying to process it itself instead of firing the handler. Any ideas how to fix it?
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Have you got a sample course exhibiting this issue?
May 1, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Hey Richard,

First of all great work. I believe I am experiencing the same issues. I have SharePoint 2013 installed, and using the SP 2013 solution, as well as the SP 2010 solution on a 2010 site collection, both exhibit the CSS issues. See screen shot below (not sure if I can share the course)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myvl7brsr2so4us/windows8desktopEssentials.PNG
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 7:45 AM
OK, I've done some work on this and have got a working solution. Bit more to do before a release.
May 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Hi Richard

Do you have an ETA when you will be releasing this fix? I'm looking at rolling out the features to internal staff, but the courses i have all have this issue.

Ta
Pabs
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Please download the updated version at http://www.salamandersoft.co.uk/downloads/slk1.7.1.zip and see if that fixes it for you. If so I will promote it to the recommended release.

Regards,
Richard
SLK Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Hi Richard

I will try this shortly and update accordingly.

Pabs
Jun 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Hi Richard,

I downloaded your package try to assign the course and received error:

E-Learning Library -> select this course -> E-Learning Actions -> Assign this learning resource to yourself -> error

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.InvalidOperationException: Property 'EmailChanges' not found
at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.LearningStoreJob.AddItem(String itemTypeName, IDictionary2 propertyValues, Boolean requestItemId)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.CreateAssignment(AssignmentProperties properties)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AssignmentProperties.SaveNewAssignment(SPWeb web, SlkRole slkRole)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AssignmentProperties.Save(SPWeb web, SlkRole slkRole)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AssignmentProperties.CreateSelfAssignment(SlkStore store, SPWeb web, SharePointFileLocation location, Nullable
1 organizationIndex)
at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.ActionsPage.AssignToSelf()

Please suggest what to do.
Jun 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Hi Richard,

Just so you know, its working here. checked a number of courses and they appear fine. I will raise a new log for any future issues i encounter. Thanks for your assistance.

Pabs
Jun 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I was able to remedy this issue.
The frameset.aspx file does not have an browser meta declarations.
I opened the IE developer bar (F12) and found that IE10 and IE11 are trying to render everything in compatibility mode with a document mode of IE7 Standards.
Before making any modifications please open the developer bar and switch the Browser Mode to the current IE version and when asked say leave this page so it will re-render.
In my case I added
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"/>
to the <head> section of the file.
Now everything is rendering properly.
Hope this helps, took me 4 hours to track it down LOL.
Remember YMMV.