This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

AssignmentListWebPart causing problem error ?

Topics: User Forum
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I followed the instructions for installing SLK, which seemed to go fine. I am installing under sharepoint 2013. I created the database, permissions, enabled the collection features / site features (anything that said sharepoint learning kit), and was able to see the AssignmentList Web Part and dropped it on to my site main page.

However, now when I load that page, I see this error message:
The "AssignmentListWebPart" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.
TECHNICAL DETAILS

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: a8a1709c-b7ed-d0d6-90d2-38d7c28bef23

Date and Time: 2/3/2014 8:26:27 AM
Any idea what could be wrong, or how to start debugging what I missed?

Thanks!

update:

I checked my windows event logs and nothing jumps out.

I checked my database permissions on the sql server - I think they are ok.

I have tried deleting the SLK database and re-creating it through the central management, no difference.

I have tried de-activating the components in the site and re-activating, no difference.

Another update:

found some log data based on the correlation id - there are too many lines to post here, but I would guess this might be a key error - the problem is, from what I can tell, my sharepoint IS configured. I have it activated in the site (3 buttons) and in the farm (multiple buttons activated). It sees the database, what else do I need?
02/04/2014 09:10:25.42  w3wp.exe (0x0780)                           0x1FF0  SharePoint Foundation           General                         8nca    Medium      Application error when access /sites/training/SitePages/Home.aspx, Error=This site is not configured to use SharePoint Learning Kit. Administrators can use SharePoint Central Administration to configure SharePoint Learning Kit.   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkSPSiteMapping.GetRequiredMapping(SPSite site)     at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.AnonymousSlkStore.GetStore(SPSite site)     at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetStore(SPWeb spWeb, String learningStoreUserKey)     at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.get_SlkStore()     at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.... 92f6709c-e79e-d0d6-90d2-308a48af66f7
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM
It sounds like SLK isn't configured for your site collection. You need to go to
Central Admin | Application Management | Configure SharePoint Learning Kit
and configure it.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk