SLK 1.7: LearnerAssignmentID null

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Hi. I noticed that adding new users when editing the assignment properties and having email notification active, the email that the application sends to those new users, the url with the LearnerAssignmentID null. I provided an example below(removed certain content). However those users that i assigned the assignement to when creating the assignment, the url in the email was sent correctly. I was wondering if someone can explain why this is happening or if this has happen to other people. The users can access the assignment if they click on the title of the assignment in the assignment list webpart

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:59 PM
To:
Subject: New Assignment: Learning Content Management System Tutorial

You have been assigned a new piece of work: Learning Content Management System Tutorial. Description Here ~/_layouts/SharePointLearningKit/Lobby.aspx?LearnerAssignmentId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Thanks for reporting that. I've found the problem and it will be fixed in 1.7.1.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 2, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Hi Richard - maybe I am completely missing where a setting is located (or maybe I don't have the access in SharePoint, as I am a trainer not a SharePoint admin), but I got very excited when I saw the message above about "email notification".

Where can I turn this on?

Does it notify a student when there is a new course assigned to them?

Does it notify them when a course is overdue?

Thanks!
Chris
May 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Also I need to include the instructor's comments in the email when the instructor returns the assignment to the learner. How can I do this?
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 7:52 AM
There is a checkbox when creating emails to turn them on. This assumes that SharePoint itself is already configured to send emails - for alerts etc.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 7:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.