Course submitted but not stored

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Hi all !
I have a client working with SLK 1.6 on Sharepoint 2010.
They have designed some courses with articulate coursemaker 09 and they have uploaded them on the above environment.
After more than 100 courses completed and stored normally, now there are 3 courses that have been completed (submitted) but are not present in the results view.
These 3 courses can be seen in the "ready to grade" category, but do not have any record in the InteractionItem table.
Does anybody knows the reason of this ?
Does anyone know any workaround ie how can we recover these courses and force them to store their data in the tables ?
Thanks & Regards
MVourakis
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Hi MVourakis,

When you say 100 courses is that 100 separate SCORM packages (.zip file) or 100 different attempts by learners?

If the former, then the course creator probably forgot the settings in articulate to store the results.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Hi Richard,

In fact there are 3 different scorm packages with 1100 attempts totally.

Up to now we have a progress of 30% in completion.

The system has functioned normally for the most of the attempts (97%)

But we have 5 + attempts with strange behavior :
  1. some seem to have been submitted, but there are not results recorded in the InteractionItem table
  2. some (2 in fact) have the above problem (submitted with no results) but seem to be corrupted ie part of the course is not readable.
I would greatly appreciate if you can insist a workaround on the above.

Thank you

MVourakis
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 8:09 AM
What's the data in the LearningAssignmentItem and Activity tables?
May 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM
In the ActivityAttemptItem table there are 2 records
In the LearnerAssignmentItem there are also 2 records as follows

60 False NULL 0 NULL
60 False NULL 0 NULL

Thank you
MVourakis
Feb 26, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Hi Richard and all,

I would like to come back with this issue witch unfortunately continues.

I have 1500 courses on my site. almost 900 have been submitted successfully and the results have been saved in the db (InteractionItem table)

I have a problem with 10 courses that although have been submitted and I can review them as an instructor, their results are not saved in the table of the database.

Is there any workaround I can do to trigger the save of the results in the db to avoid completing them again manually ?

Thank you

Kind regards

MVourakis
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2015 at 4:48 PM
If the package results have not been saved in the database, then there will be no record of them.

Was there any error when the users submitted the course?

Are they all from the same package? If so then it may be something in the package, SLK only saves what the package tells it to save.
Feb 27, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Thank you Richard,

In fact all the 1500 courses are identical.

No error was pop up.

The saved courses are full of data that the learners typed so I am wondering if there is any way to extract them to a file instead of copying them down to my reporting db

Are there any software prerequisites that the client computer has to meet (internet explorer version, adobe software, etc) ?