SLK Reports

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Hi,
I was wondering how can I create reports for this tool. The client is asking for two types of report: the first one is a report by training that shows all the users that are taking the training with their training status and the second one is a report by user that show all the trainings that the specific user is taking at the moment.
Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM
The assignment list web part is configurable to show different queries, but it will always be a line per assignments, whereas it sounds like you want the users to show in the results without having to go through to the grading page.

SLK itself hasn't got any reporting built in apart from the ALWP. I know of one third party tool which does some reporting and does cover those areas, but may not be exactly what you are looking for. Other than that, the database schema is fairly simple and you should be able to write your own reports on top of it.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 8, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I am trying to combine Active Directory with the SharePoint Learning Kit cause, for the report, I need to show the Department and Job Title of the user along with information from the SLK like the assignments' title and completion date. I was wondering if you can tell me how can I make this posible?
May 12, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I see a field named SPUserId in the table dbo.UserItemSite but i do not know where the tool is taking that value from?
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 7:54 AM
SPUserId is the ID value of the SPUser in that site collection.

To add AD information you will need to look up the user in AD based on their SID or SPUserId. The SID is only filled in if using classic authentication.