SQL for Reporting

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 24, 2009 at 3:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there has some SQL script templates for some basic reporting out of the SLK?
I'd like to provide some more detailed reporting and I'm sure someone has done the leg-work of getting the data out of the database... Any help is appreciated.

SLK v. 1.3.1

Thanks,
May 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Hi ,
I'm having exactly the same needs.
I was thinking of using excel or SQL reporting services , but I want to be sure it's possible before starting.
If anyone already had created such queries template that would be very nice to share.
Thanks a lot
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM
I've done some work around extracting information from the database. Core tables to look at would be
LearnerAssignmentItem
AssignmentItem
UserItem

What makes it difficult to report directly from the database is that the the link to the site is it's guid within SharePoint and the user is their SID and account name.

The alternative is to use the API which handles all that, but there's a steep learning curve with that. Reporting is definitely lacking in SLK at the moment.

Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Ouch...this is a big issue for us as well...we've looked into the databases (Sharepoint and SLK) and the numerous tables...and admittedly it appeared to be rather complicated!

Regards,

Mike Carpenter