IE11 navigation results in 403.14

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 11, 2014 at 2:47 AM
I have been using the BWP as part of my LMS for several years. Most of my SCORM 2004 packages have multiple items within an organization. The TOC frame lets me navigate between the items of the organization.

Since installing IE11 I am unable to navigate directly to an item. Launching the player works fine. Using sequencing to 'flow' from one item to the next works fine. Clicking on an item in the TOC frame causes the TOC frame to be replaced with a Server Error
403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory

Using Fiddler I can see that a GET request is made to /frameset/ when I use IE11 to browse but not with IE10 or Chrome.

Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/fix? Making changes to the browser (compatibility setting or changing the agent string) is not possible since the learner's browser is not under my control.
Jun 13, 2014 at 5:02 AM
The body of the TOC page has a javascript onClick handler (Toc.js/body_onclick(e)). This handler sets
e.returnValue = false;
to stop the link for the item tag from performing its default operation (doing a GET for the href value). This no longer seems to work in IE11. I have substituted
e.preventDefault ? e.preventDefault() : e.returnValue = false;
which seems to work. I can now make choice selections in the TOC.

Doing a search for ".returnValue" over all source code reveals several matches. I am substituting the same line for all occurrences, I hope nothing bad happens.

I would submit a patch but
a) It is beyond my skill level
b) I don't know if I have done a good thing or a bad thing

Bottom line - it worked for me but I'm not responsible if it causes your keyboard to catch fire.
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for reporting that. I've tested and made the changes which will be in the next release.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk