Cannot save graded work from Articulate Storyline and submit to SLK for grading

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 12, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and I am currently working in a company to develop E-Learning materials to help train new hires. I am using Articulate Storyline to make quiz content and uploading the content to SharePoint with the SharePoint Learning Kit, SLK. Here is some information that you can follow and hopefully help me with configuring SLK to grade my Articulate quizzes.

First, I want to outline the progress I have currently made so that anybody can see if the problems I have are due to things I already did:
  • Used Articulate Storyline to make Presentations with Quiz questions in them that are graded and reviewed at the end of the Presentation
  • Published the Storylines to LMS in SCORM 2004 format and saved to my computer
  • Took each published Storyline and made .zip files
  • Uploaded .zip files to SharePoint 2010 with SLK (SharePoint Learning Kit). Can assign Learners with .zip files as long as they download them, extract them, and find the ‘story.swf’ flash file that runs the Presentation so they can go through the Storylines, answer quiz questions, and receive a quiz grade at the end of them
The issue is that after downloading each .zip file, running the Presentation, and finishing the Quiz questions at the end of them, the information cannot be stored or saved and re-submitted to SLK which should then automatically read the Quiz progress and log in a grade as well as log in completion of the assignment due to passing grades.

The questions at hand are:
  • How to save or store graded information from the Presentations so that they can be submitted to SLK?
  • How to make sure SLK takes in the graded information submitted from the Presentations automatically, store it, and reveal them?
  • How to make sure SLK determines assignment completion and passing assignments grade-wise?
I watched videos of how SLK grades the quiz content and I think that will work, but I think my main issue is saving that quiz content and getting to submit to SLK for grading.

Thank you for your time and consideration and any help would be greatly appreciated. If I think of other questions, I’ll mention them and if you have questions for me, feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
Kevin Bansleben
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM
The users shouldn't be downloading the zip file, you should be using SLK to assign it to them, and SLK will display the content.

It's very old but GettingStarted.pdf shows the basic process.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Jun 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Thank you for replying RichardWillis. I assigned the zip file to myself and then when I began the assignment I had to download the zip and extract the files. I went through the swf flash file but my next question is how do you save the quiz data and submit it back to SLK for grading? This part has troubled me for a while now and I cannot seem to figure out a solution to this. Thank you for considering.
Jun 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM
What I understand from the pdf is that a frameset is supposed to appear from the assignment, but for me that doesn't happen right away. I just get a lot of files and the only way for me to activate the presentation is by running the story.swf file.
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Try unzipping the file contents, then zipping it up again then assigning.

Sometimes it can't unzip the file and then it doesn't know it's a SCORM package.
Jun 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Dear Richard,

I tried unzipping and rezipping the file contents and uploaded to SLK but the problem still persists. I assigned it to myself again and it asks me to download and open the zip file. I use 7zip if it helps. How do you get it to launch a frameset from this? It looks like the frameset is the only way for students to save their quiz data and send it to SLK for grading.
Jun 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Nevermind, the root of my problem was zipping the file using the feature in Articulate immediately after you have finished publishing the content. The issue I had was that I zipped the highest folder when I wasn't supposed to. The file runs smoothly when assigned and the grades are submitted to slk. thank you for helping me.