Odd behavior when clicking a link from within an Articulate created assignment

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Hello there!

We've noticed odd behavior when clicking a link from within an Articulate created assignment.  Specifically:

1. When clicking on a link to a Microsoft Word file, a blank web browser window opens with the title of TEst.  Anyone have any tips on how to prevent this?

2. When clicking on subsequent links in the same Articulate created assignment, the linked items open up in the aforementioned blank web browser window, populating it accordingly.  However, focus remains on the Articulate created assignment window, and does not shift to the other window.  Any tips here?

If these are issues with the Articulate created content, or a setting in the user's web browser, please feel free to let me know as well.

Thanks!
Mike
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Hi Mike,

That sounds like issues with how Articulate is creating the links. I haven't got any experience of Articulate created content though. If you can stick one up on the patches page (Source Code | patches) I can have a quick look.

Regards,
Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
May 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Thank you very much for your response Richard and for your offer of help!  Unfortunately, the content itself is proprietary and I do not currently have permission to post it.  If this changes I will certainly update this thread as such.

Thanks!
Mike Carpenter