SQL permissions and security

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 30, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Hi I'm trying to get SLK up and running within our school.
It all installed mostly happily on our Win2k3 server with WSS3.) and SQL Express. If I access the Sharepoint site from the server logged into the server as domain admin and as myself on the SharePoint site , everything appears to be OK and the SLK we-parts work fine.

However, if I try to access the website from any other machine and try to access the SLK web-part I get an error in the web-part. The log-file indicates that there is an issue with enableSessionState. I'd been through the web.config files on the server to sort this.

My question is, am I missing something fundamental here with SQL security and Domain security or should I dig more deeply to investigate ideas around enablingSystemState?

Many thanks
Keith
Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Edited May 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Hi Keith,

It's a strange one. I can't think what could be wrong apart from session state, but that would fail on the local machine as well, unless there's some permissions issues with session state.

I'd recommend trying a release from the 1.32 version which removes the need for session state except when an observer uses it.

Richard
SLK Co-ordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk