Can I publish HTML 5 courseware into SLK

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Hi,

I have developed simple quizzes using Adobe Captivate 7. We can publish the quizzes as HTML 5 or SWF or both format. Recently, I would like to publish my quizzes (in zipped) into SharePoint Learning Kit which resides in SharePoint 2010.

However, we are unable to get it up in production. Online materials are limited.

Appreciate all for your kind comment pl. Thank you.
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Do you have a specific question?

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hi Richard,

Wonderful to hear from you. My apology. I will explain in details as I could.
  1. Recently, I purchase a software - Adobe Captivate 8. This software allows one to create elearning content (e.g. quizzes) and publish the project either in HTML5, SWF or both. The published project is in zipped format.
  2. I published a project (quiz) in SWF only.
  3. I uploaded the project into SLK and assign it to a few learners.
  4. The learners managed to attempt the quiz.
  5. Then, I published the same project (quiz again) in HTML5 only.
  6. I uploaded the project into SLK and assign it to a few learners.
  7. The learners are unable to attempt the quiz. They only can open the published project in zipped format, extract all and view the folders and files contain within the zipped file.

Hence, I wrote in to enquire more (in the forum) to seek advice whether SLK supports HTML5 courseware or related. Look forward to your favorable reply. Thanks.

I'm new to SLK and its feature. My organization learning about this web part, they grow to liking it and is very supportive of this web part.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM
There's 3 types of files you can assign via SLK, which are handled differently:
  1. SCORM files. SLK will automatically unpack these and display, as well as record answers and automatically mark (if supported by the package).
  2. If you have Office Web Apps installed, and SLK configured to use it, then Office files will open in OWA.
  3. Any other file. You can assign these and what happens will depend on the browser. This will be similar to a direct link to the file.
In this case, HTML 5 zip files will come under option 3. Any browser will just attempt to download a zip file.

I think that Adobe Captivate can publish to SCORM.
Aug 22, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Hi,

I would also like to check with you on another matter. Recently, my users fed back that when they are attempting the assignment (in progress), they notice that the assignment will reflect their user name (presume pull from Active Directory) on the top left hand corner. The format is <user name><assignment name>.

However, when they have submitted their assignment and assignment has been returned for their preview. They notice that the assignment now only show the <assignment name>.

How can we tweak the SLK such that the kit will show <user name><assignment name> for submitted assignment?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Can you post a couple of screenshots please so I can understand the issue.

Thanks,
Richard