Object not set to an instance of an object

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Hi !

First of all, thank you for an excellent product !

I have installed version 1.7 on our SharePoint 2013 farm, then upgraded it to 1.7.1. I have added the solitaire.zip to confirm that it is working.

I have noticed that just before the solitaire or any other course loads I get a nullreference exception in my ULS logs.

Has anyone else encountered the following error ?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   
 at ASP._layouts_15_sharepointlearningkit_frameset_content_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)    
 at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.DeltaPage.RenderToBase(HtmlTextWriter writer)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.DeltaPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)    
 at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)    
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Thank you in advance :-)
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I can't duplicate that, although I am using 1.8. Have you modified content.aspx at all?