Is there a scorm player web part?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I create a lot of content using various programs like courselabs, reload editor, and eXe to create scorm packages, whilst these play ok in SLK, most of them are not assignments, they are just the learning content. I don't really want to 'assign' them. What I would like to do is just play them. At the moment I unzip the files, upload them to a document library, and point a page viewer web part at the start page. Hey presto learning content! I would like a web part which looks like the page viewer web part, but instead of pointing at a URL, I would like to point it directly at the zip or IMS package. Is this possible, is there already a web part that does this? I'm aware that SLK utilises the scorm player part of microsoft's learning components, is it possible to edit the page viewer web part to utilise this also?

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I've already done some work on allowing a user to automatically start/run a package, but it's currently incomplete. I'm hoping to get it done in time for the Learning Gateway Conference in July.

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Thanks, that would be great, but I would really like the ability to have the content already displayed in a page. like I said previously, a bit like the page viewer web part, rather than a user having to 'start' the scorm themselves. Is this kind of thing possible?

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I know this post was along time ago, but did anything become of this?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I've just created a couple of work items around this. [workitem:27875] and [workitem:27874]. It would be useful functionality.