Integrating the BasicWebPlayer into an exisitng application

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Hi All!

Sharepoint is a little overkill for us.

Anyone have any experience inter grating the BasicWebPlayer into an exisitng application?

I am almost finished and I ran into a couple of issues that I hope someone  can help with.

The SCORM 1.2 web courses register TOTALPOINTS and ATTEMPTSTATUS great, but I cant for the all the cheese in Wisconsin get the player to register COMPLETESTATUS and SUCSSESSSTATUS (attemptItemTable).

Are these fields only for the SLK implementation or are they functional from within the BasicWebPlayer?

I even loaded a test course which allows me to manually send a CMI.CORE.LESSON_STATUS = "passed" which returned TRUE and it still didnt register after a COMMIT.

I'm using 1.3.1 with the FIREFOX / SAFARI mods that I believe Richard created.

Can anyone save me some debugging time?

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Bumping my old post since I have a rough iteration of this working. Perhaps I could help someone.

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Hello abradford,
I have downloaded 'SLK-66637' and tried to run the application in my local PC.
The application is running more or less fine but I am getting some issues that I really want to get rid of.
I am outlining all issues that I want to solve.
1.For the scorm courses that include any quiz, I have to submit the quiz questions and the result must be displayed on the main screen. Now the problem is, it is displaying the totalpoint for the Scorm 1.2 course but failed to display for Scorm2004 course. For Scorm2004 course no data is inserted into the table called - 'AttemptItem'.
2. Along with the totalscore, I want to display the completion status and success status(passed,failed) on the screen. How can I do that in the project that I am working in.
3. How the data(regarding the status of the quiz like 'passed', 'max val','score','time taken')is actually inserted into the respective tables in the database. Which function is involved in this process.
I will be highly pleased to know the answers.
I am really stuck and my deadline is on this friday.
Please help.
Sanhita
Jul 22, 2010 at 12:14 AM
abradford wrote:

Bumping my old post since I have a rough iteration of this working. Perhaps I could help someone.

Hi, 

Not running SharePoint here. See other post regarding "Me" view. Are there other steps in addition to running SlkSchema.sql on SQL Server?

Thnks!

Axl

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I ended up cutting an pasting the code into SQL manger. I did perform some modifications though.

I'm trying to recall them.