Localization SMK 1.8

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 17, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Edited Sep 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Hello! Thank you for this product! I think SMK is very powerful software.

I'm trying 1.8 version with SharePoint 2013 Server. After deploying I got some troubles with localization - web part was still in Eng (elements like "Overdue", "Due Today", "Returned", "File Submission" and others). I have found some not translated elements at C:\SlkSource\Tools\LocalizationGuide\TranslatedXMLs\ru-RU\Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.xml file and translate them via text editor. No other changes at TranslatedXMLs\ru-RU dir.

After that I need get a new language pack .wsp file but I can not do that. When I'm running C:\SlkSource\Tools\LocalizationGuide\BuildAllLanguages.bat file - all language packs refreshed. But I have no .wsp file at C:\drop\LanguagePacks\ru-RU directory. Another folders has WSP files (en-US, fr-FR and so on), but ru-RU contains InstallSolution.ps1 and lcid.txt files only.

Help me solve the problem please
Sep 17, 2015 at 8:43 AM
BuildAllLanguages.bat screenshot:
Image
Sep 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM
Problem solved.
  1. Rename "SlkSource\Tools\LocalizationGuide\Solution\manifest.xml" to "manifest.ru-RU.xml"
  2. Remove strings from manifest.ru-RU.xml:
    <RootFiles>
         <RootFile Location="Resources\SLK.Culture.resx"/>
     </RootFiles>
  1. Compile language pack with "SlkSource\Tools\LocalizationGuide\TranslatedXMLs\GenerateLanguagePack.cmd"
    Compiled pack at "C:\drop\LanguagePacks\", use it.
  2. Redeploy language pack.
Everything works now!
Marked as answer by Iveback on 9/18/2015 at 3:05 AM
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Glad you got it working. Looks like the generating of the Russian manifest fails by Localize.exe fails for some reason. I can't tell why from the output as they all build fine on my machine :)

In solution/buildLangPack.cmd change
..\Localize r manifest.xml manifest.%StrCulture%.xml %StrCulture%
to
..\Localize c manifest.xml manifest.%StrCulture%.xml %StrCulture%

i.e. the r argument to c, and see if that works.

Richard
SLK Coordinator
http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Have added some better error reporting on Localize.exe for next release.
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:20 PM
Sounds good! Thank you