This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SLK 1.4 - Were any configuration issues actually resolved?

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 11, 2009 at 11:25 PM

SLK CM clicking Plan and Assign:

An error occurred during the processing of . Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'.

SLK added user as Instructor, user receives:

An unexpected error has occurred.

I did a fresh install of SLK, including new dbs since this was just a test farm.

Also, did the guide authors actually look at the screenshots in the published PDF?  Many of the full-browser shots are absolutely unreadable.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

For the Unknown server tag, I added the following lines under the <pages> element:

   <controls>
      <add 
         tagPrefix="asp" 
         namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts" 
         assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" 
      />
	  <add 
	     tagPrefix="asp"
		namespace="System.Web.UI" 
		 assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
	  />
   </controls>
Aug 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Hm, except after I do that, when I go to the Plan and Assign page with Instructor permission, I get:

An unexpected error has occurred.

If I remove SLK Instructor, I don't get any error.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM

The unexpected error occurs due to:

0x07F4)                        0x0388 Windows SharePoint Services    General                        8nca Verbose  Application error when access /sites/SLK/CourseManagerPages/Forms/Plan_and_assign.aspx, Error=There was no value in the registry. Please verify in the registry and try again   at Axelerate.BusinessLayerFrameWork.DLCore.DataLayerAbstraction.GetConnectionString(String pName)     at Axelerate.BusinessLayerFrameWork.DLCore.DataLayerCommandBase.get_ConnectionString(String DataSourceName)     at Axelerate.BusinessLayerFrameWork.DLCore.DataLayerSQLCommand.OnExecute()     at Axelerate.BusinessLayerFrameWork.DLCore.DataLayerCommandBase.Execute()     at Axelerate.BusinessLayerFrameWork.BLCore.BLListBase`3.BLFetch(BLCriteria Criteria) 

There were, however, two values under the Settings key.  I'm also seeing the same problem as the previous version of CM, where when you configured CM via the Application Management tab in Central Admin, the SQL Server and Database values would never repopulate for a site -- like it was unable to read them from the registry.