Forms Based Authentication Assignment Error

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I have my SharePoint site set up for FBA. I created a role in the role provider called SLKStudents. This role was then given Read and SLKLearner permissions. However, when I log in as an instructor and attempt to assign a course. I get a message saying:

The list of instructors or learners may be incomplete because the following groups could not be read:

• ·                 SLKStudents

More information may be available in the server event log.

Here is the event log entry:

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

Domain group "fbaroles:slkstudents": Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DomainGroupEnumerationException: Domain group "fbaroles:slkstudents" has no backslash (\)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.DomainGroupUtilities.EnumerateDomainGroup(String groupName, TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.EnumerateDomainGroupMembers(SPWeb spWeb, SPUser domainGroup, Boolean isInstructor, Boolean isLearner, List`1 groupFailuresList, StringBuilder groupFailureDetailsBuilder, Dictionary`2 instructorsByUserKey, Dictionary`2 learnersByUserKey, Dictionary`2 users, List`1 learnerKeys, List`1 learnerGroups, DateTime startTime)

The strange part is when I go to Site Permissions it lists the SLKStudents role with a type of "Domain Group". Is this a bug or did i add the group wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

May 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Did you find a solution to this problem?