CM 1.4 - Monitor and Assess "No Data Found"

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I have had a heck of a time trying to get this package in working order on my test farm, but i am (almost) there. I am stuck at trying to get he course manager to work properly. What i am getting is an error that says "No Data Found" for the Monitor and Assess pages, and a non-discript "An unexpected error has occurred" on the Plan and Assign site. 

The Assignments List WebPart and the elearning functions work correctly. 

Here is what i have done to get where i am:

Installed slk 1.3.1.1, Configured the site collection to work correctly, tried to install the CM with no luck, it would install just fine but when i would go to Central Administration -> Application Management, and could not find the option to configure the CM. I confirmed the files were in the correct directory (TEMPLATE\ADMIN\Course_Manager_Configure && 12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES) But when i tried to manually go to the pages i got an error. Retracted\redeploy check usernames and accounts to no avail.

So i saw posts about CM being defunct, and that 1.4 had it included in it and figured i would give an upgrade method a shot. Since i did not see any updated documentation on how to upgrade the package, i simply followed the steps in the  SLK 1.4 - Part 3 \ UpgradeFromSLK131ToSLK14 \ readme,

• to install the solution i did a -o upgradesolution command on my farm, refreshed/reset everything, 
  • manually ran the included .sql to get the database where it should be, ran into a syntax error (just said this command needed to be ran first, so i made it first and ran the sql from there, removing the other part that had allready run (the error check to make sure you don't run the sql on master)
  • reconfigured the site collection using the slksettings.xml file that was included in the \UpgradeFromSLK131ToSLK14\ folder.

So i have a functioning Assignments List WebPart but it would seem that the Course Manager pages will not function. Now i do not know if the 1.4 upgrade script for the sql was suppose to add tables for CM, however looking through the older CM documentation i saw that there was suppose to be several tables created in a sucessfull configuration and i do not see them present in the SharePointLearningKit database, Namely:

(Exerpt from  SLK-CourseManger-1.3.1.1.zip\ReadMe.txt)

dbo.Activities
      dbo.ActivityGroups
      dbo.ActivityGroupStatuses
      dbo.Activity.Statuses
      dbo.AssignedActivityStatuses
      dbo.ConfigurationProfiles
      dbo.ConfigurationProperties
      dbo.Profiles_Properties
      dbo.UILayouts
      dbo.UserRoles

dbo.Activities
      dbo.ActivityGroups
      dbo.ActivityGroupStatuses
      dbo.Activity.Statuses
      dbo.AssignedActivityStatuses
      dbo.ConfigurationProfiles
      dbo.ConfigurationProperties
      dbo.Profiles_Properties
      dbo.UILayouts
      dbo.UserRoles

So, any ideas? do i just scrub CourseManger all together? Looking for good idea's here or any advice of where to go to because i am out of errors in the event viewer on the machine to fix, and everything else i have tried seems to have no effect at all.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I'm encountering the same problem too. All the tables for SLK CM are not created. I found a file "CourseManagerDBSchema.sql" located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\ADMIN\Course_Manager_Configure

They are sql codes to create these tables. I'm not a SQL expert, so I have not run these codes yet.