SLK Localization

Topics: User Forum
Feb 6, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Hello,

we are just starting with the SLK localization.

One of the IDs (<ID>SlkSchemaSql</ID>) contains a lot of auto-generated SQL code. I presume we should not localize this part, right, even though it is not on the dontlocalize.txt list...

Are there any other IDs we shoudn't localize that are not on the dontlocalize.txt list?

Has anyone done the localization?

Thanks,
Andrej
Feb 6, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Hi Andrej, I've updated the DontLocalize list with this StringID and updated the document - Change Set 17796 - we must have missed that string ID in our scans, thanks for the catch!

Some strings contain embedded SQL and care should be taken to ensure their functionality isn't modified by the localization. Any string consisting of auto-generated SQL should be skipped.

-neliusp
Feb 6, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Thanks Nelius!
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:36 PM
Hi neliusp
I'm localizing SLK, I love this localize.exe tool.
My issue is: i have no language pack for WSS 3.0 in my culture.
Do you think it's good idea creating a language pack for wss using the same method? I know off course with some changes, but is it possible creating a microsoft.sharepoint.intl.resources.dll for my culture by this tool? I create one, but how about it's sign?
Apr 22, 2007 at 3:25 PM
I have a very strange behavior in the SLK, after applying the language package and changing the regional settings. The right strings showed and it worked fine. Then I retracted the language package and deployed another one, but I can still see the strings of the old one, although it was successfully retracted and I reset the iis and restarted the whole machine. Then retracting and deploying again it goes back to the original strings and it doesn’t feel any changes.

May you please help us out in this issue?

I would be very grateful.
Thank you very much for your time and help,