sql upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4

Topics: User Forum
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Hi... I have upgraded to 1.4 and can get it working using a new database however when I try to run the sql upgrade script against the existing database I get the following error:

Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Line 9
'CREATE FUNCTION' must be the first statement in a query batch.
Msg 137, Level 15, State 2, Line 16
Must declare the scalar variable "@RootActivityId".
Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure GetObserverFileSubmissionState, Line 10
There is already an object named 'GetObserverFileSubmissionState' in the database.

(1 row(s) affected)
Msg 4121, Level 16, State 1, Procedure LearnerAssignmentListForLearners, Line 9
Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.GetLearnerFileSubmissionState", or the name is ambiguous.

Any help or ideas as to a solution would be much appreciated.

Regards, Ian

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Ensure you are running the script against your SLK DB and remove the first chunk of SQL that checks to see if you are running it from 'master'. The first line of your SQL should then be the comment "-- Create a function that gets the FileSubmissionState for learners".

You will get an error because part of the SQL worked earlier, but you can ignore it.

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Thanks heaps for that, that's great, now most of the webpart is working...

There is one thing however, now when I assign a Drop Box assignment to myself and then complete it,

The folders get created and the files are there in the DropBox Library but I see this error...

(I also tried it with a new SLK database and still get the same error)

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    0
Date:        6/10/2009
Time:        8:35:48 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:   
Description:
SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.Exception: No folder was found for this assignment.
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.PerformFilesNumberChecking(LearnerAssignmentProperties learnerAssignmentProperties, AssignmentProperties assignmentProperties)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.CheckSubmittedFilesNumber(Guid assignmentGUID)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.RenderFileSubmissionCellAsSubmittedLink(String fileURL, Guid assignmentGUID, String renderedCellValue, HtmlTextWriter hw)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.RenderFileSubmissionCell(RenderedCell renderedCell, Guid assignmentGUID, HtmlTextWriter hw)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.RenderQueryResults(QueryDefinition queryDef, List`1 renderedRows, HtmlTextWriter hw)
   at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.ApplicationPages.AlwpQueryResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.