SCORM compliant authoring tools

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 7, 2007 at 10:33 PM
I've had a few interesting issues with scorm compliant authoring tools since I've got SLK installed and configured - which by the way was yesterday! I've tried uploading a CourseGenie SCORM 2004 package, which works OK but the Assignment web part doesnt seem to track scores. I had the same issue with a Flash quiz - I did check the publishing settings and made sure scorm tracking was turned on before I published it - any ideas? Will the new verson of Learning Essentials work? Any other ideas for SCORM authorware?
Feb 8, 2007 at 6:49 PM
This probably depends on what exactly the content is tracking. The SLK "graded" score for SCORM 2004 is the scaled score of the root of the activity tree. If the content reports scaled score for its activities, then the default SCORM rollup rules should rollup the scores to create a weighted average scaled score at the root. You can think of this like an overall "course" or "lesson" score for the organization you assigned. Some content may not report the scaled score. I would take a look at the content to see if the resources are reporting scaled scores for the SCOs. This requires a little bit of digging in the package.

Learning Essentials does not do any learner interaction and tracking of answers and scores. Has someone found a SCORM 2004 authoring tool that works well with storing/retrieving learner answers and storing scaled score? If I remember right Articulate does OK for SCORM 2004 in storing the answers and overall score, but doesn't implement a "review" mode where learners can see their previous answers.
Feb 12, 2007 at 8:23 AM
I know a flash quiz tool, named QuizCreator, can track the test results.
this is the introduction page:
http://www.sameshow.com/quiz-creator/quizresults-tracker.html

the content authored by this software is conformant for both SCORM 2004 and 1.2.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Check out the following tools:

1. Articulate QuizMaker
2. Outstart Trainer

Both deliver SCORM compliant output.
Sep 10, 2008 at 11:33 PM
HunterStone's THESIS http://www.getthesis.com also can create quizes/tests in SCORM 1.2 and 2004 formats and supports review mode.