Reporting using Excel Webservices or Other

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM
I am very interested in developing some advanced reports for pupils and instructers. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this in the SLK?
Feb 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM
We're successfully using SQL Reporting Services along with the SLK. We have several really good reports. Once we're done, I'd be happy to share some of my queries with you. What kinds of reports are you looking for?

Also, I think some folks are developing some integrated reporting features into the SLK.
Feb 14, 2007 at 7:14 PM
If you're looking to create reports quickly in SQL, check out www.timextender.com. Only tool on the MS BI platform that does ETL, Integration and Cube development in one tool.
Feb 14, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I am very interested in developing some advanced reports for pupils and instructers. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this in the SLK?

I would love to see some of the queries when they are ready!
Mar 19, 2007 at 4:47 PM

grapaslingo wrote:
We're successfully using SQL Reporting Services along with the SLK. We have several really good reports. Once we're done, I'd be happy to share some of my queries with you. What kinds of reports are you looking for?

Also, I think some folks are developing some integrated reporting features into the SLK.

I am also interested in seeing some queries when they are available, please let me know. Thank you
Jul 12, 2007 at 8:37 PM
me too staylor@boteler.org.uk
Sep 26, 2007 at 12:00 PM
guess what, i'm really interested as well. hope someone' sstill developing....... and remembers this thread !!!
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2007 at 1:05 AM
What types of reports are people looking for?
Oct 8, 2007 at 9:57 AM
the reports we would like to generate are similar to the ones Class Server created. One with a summary of results for each assignment per pupil and also, per class or assignment, and one report for results per student per term and year.

is it possible?
Oct 9, 2007 at 4:49 PM
Solutions IQ are, I believe, in the process of developing a reporting solution for the SLK
Oct 11, 2007 at 9:06 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2007 at 6:28 AM
A teacher would find the following data to be brilliant:
1. Section results eg Multi-choice/paragraphs or factual recall/interpretation/analysis etc. It would be a dream come true if they could actually apply a range of different criteria to individual questions OR separate sections.
2. Final result - able to be expressed as a 'mark', OR grade (as in A-e) OR criteria (Excellence, Merit, Achieved, not yet achieved etc). Ability to link to assessment objectives/standards
3. All results through the year
5. Class results - mean, percentiles etc - students position in percentiles - even at the category level. eg Student A does brilliantly well at comprehension but has no factual recall. That's useful data.
6. Comments - teacher comments stored with result. Even an option for student self-evaluation to be recorded

There's a start ..... but then we're going around in a circle as the quality of the output reporting is heavily reliant on the input and so we come back to the usefulness of the authoring tool.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Hi ,
Does anyone succeed in developing such reports?
In our company we would like to export datas as an excel file so that we could know how many student took classes , the grade...
I would be very interested in reporting skills using SLK.
thank you in advance.
Jun 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM

You can try these.

1. Install SharePoint SSIS Adapters and export an SQL View to a SharePoint List.

http://slk.codeplex.com/discussions/359528

2. Use SQL Export task to export to a flatfile (on the network \\server\share)

Open excel, import data (data>input data file). hit F5 to refresh. select the file form the \\server\share.

Hope that helps.