Problem assigning course

Topics: User Forum
Oct 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Hello,

Our IT department recently installed the learning kit for me to try out.  I've uploaded a course and have managed to self assign it to test it works OK, however when attempting to "Assign it to someone else" I am told an error occurred.  I've ask the IT team to look at the server event log as suggested, I wondered if this was a common error that has an easy fix?

Thanks,

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Further to my original posting,

Setting this up on a site with unique permissions has allowed me to see this in action.  However, setting this up as a site which inherits permissions causes the problem mentioned in my original post.

In the site with unique permissions users are being added on a user by user basis for test purposes.  However, on the main site we are using a group set up in active directory (so staff changes only need to be carried out one), and that group has been given the learner permissions.

Does anyone know if there are issues in the use of AD with the learner kits permissions?

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I have carried out further testing and it appears the problem is to do with the use of Active Directory groups.  Where individuals are added to ShrePoint and given learner permissions the site works fine.  The moment you give an AD group learner permissions then I am unable to assign any courses and an error message is displayed.

Obviously I'd rather be able to use the AD groups as thats how the businesses managers users.  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?