SLK Course Manager - Database Tables

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

The SLK course manager was installed and deployed successfully according to the log.txt file. I encountered error messages when I tried to use Course Manager web parts and turns out the database was not created correctly, the following tables were not created.

dbo.Activities, dbo.ActivityGroups, dbo.ActivityGroupStatuses, dbo.Activity.Statuses, dbo.AssignedActivityStatuses, dbo.ConfigurationProfiles, dbo.ConfigurationProperties, dbo.Profiles_Properties, dbo.UILayouts, dbo.UserRoles

I have followed the instruction in readme.txt to ensure the account used to configure SLK Course Manager has sufficient permissions. I reinstalled SLK course manager and re-configured the database. I got the same result; all the tables were not created.

Can I create the tables manually?

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I found a file "CourseManagerDBSchema.sql" located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\ADMIN\Course_Manager_Configure

Looks like they are codes to create tables for SLK CM, since I'm not familiar with SQL, can someone confirm that I can create the missing tables using the codes in this file.