Permissions not created

Topics: User Forum
Feb 19, 2007 at 7:56 PM
I followed the instructions to deploy the SLK, however the permission entries for SLK Instructor and SLK Learner did not get created and thus I cannot do much. I went back and checked the box to create the permissions and saved again, but they do not get created. What do I need to do to make this work?
Feb 19, 2007 at 11:15 PM
The site collection you configured and the site you are checking are probably different. Make sure you have selected the correct site collection in the configuration page.

Feb 20, 2007 at 12:34 AM
I only have 1 site collection so I am absolutely certain I am applying to the same one I am checking.
Feb 24, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Sometimes (not sure why) the SLK configuration page defaults to configuring the site collection that sharepoint central admin uses (you have two site collections at least, since central admin has its own site collection). Might be something to check.

Next thing I would try is renaming the permissions to something else, see if those get created. I'd also try looking in the application event log to see if there was an exception thrown that has more information about what could have gone wrong. Finally I'd try re-purposing existing permissions (e.g. make all Contributors teachers and all Readers learners) just to check if that works...
Feb 26, 2007 at 12:57 PM
I stumbled into seeing the permissions in the root site, but not in children sites so the problem is not the selected site collection.

I had already tried the re-purposing and that did not work either.