connect to Oracle E-Business Suite

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Hi all.  Just curious if anyone has done any work trying to connect SLK to Oracle's E-Business Suite?  Would it be possible to store SCORM content in SharePoint, and launch it from there via Oracle, then have the results from the SCORM component returned back to Oracle?  Thanks!  - Rich

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Hi Rich,

Not as far as I am aware. Personally I don't know anything about Oracle's E-Business Suite or how it interacts with SharePoint, or even if it is a competing product.

SharePoint Learning Kit itself is tied intimately with SharePoint so it would be tricky. It might be possible to embed urls in Oracle which launches an assignment, but you may need to construct them manually. The results are stored in a separate database which you may be able to view in Oracle depending on it's tools.

There is a basic web player sample application which is a stand-alone SCORM player which might be a better route to investigate.

Regards,

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Thanks for the reply Richard. "tied intimately with SharePoint"...yeah, we're figuring as much here, so the concept may not make much sense. I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has contemplated or maybe even attempted it. 

I'd like to look into the web player sample app you mentioned.  Does it have a name, or do you know where I can look to find it?

Thanks again!

- Rich

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Basic Web Player in the samples folder.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Duh...of course.  Got it, thanks!