SharePoint Learning Kit Configuration Fails

Topics: User Forum
Feb 22, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2007 at 8:44 PM
I followed the directions, step-by-step (even started with a clean OS install). When I get to configuring the Learning KIt under the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administrator, it fails with this message:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

More information has been written to the server event log.

Of course, I look at the log files - like they tell me anything ;-) I look in the event log (Application) and I have an NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Client Failure - Failure Audit, followed by a WSP Error.

Any ideas? I did look in the forum discussions but didn't see anything like this...

I have Windows Enterprise 2003, SQL 2005, WSS 3.0
Feb 23, 2007 at 8:41 PM
More information - I have a Dell 1750 - two processors, 2 GB of RAM. I installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Then I configure it as App Server, with no front page extensions. Then I install SP1. Then I do critical updates. Then I install SQL 2005. Then I install SQL SP1. Then I do my updates again. Then I install SharePoint Services.

I cannot get Sharepoint to allow me to add another database, or change it to SQL - it wants to only used the embeded SQL, which won't all me toa ccess it, or change settings.

So this doesn't seem to be working - at all.

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:09 PM
Ok - fixed my own problem. When installing SQL - I didn't select Network Service for built-in system account. Helps if you follow the instructions...