Basic Web Player in SLK-61053 depending on Sharepoint

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Hello,
I have downloaded the latest source code, built the src/Compression, src/Learning Components, and src/Storage to create the roots debug file with dll's.  I then built the basic web player without errors.  From a remote computer, I could access the default.aspx site, and upload a module.  I found that the Solitaire sample is not zipped so I zipped it up.  I uploaded the package and the message box displayed the error below.

I ran this locally in Visual Studio 08 and had the same results.  I could troubleshoot further by debugging, but I am wondering if there is something up with the latest source where Sharepoint.dll's are mistakingly required.  If so, can anyone let me know the last known working build of basicwebplayer.  I am just looking for basic SCORM functionality to incorporate into my existing site.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.Localization.LocalizationManager.get_CurrentWebApplication() at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.Localization.LocalizationManager.get_CurrentProvider() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\slk-61053\Src\LearningComponents\Localization\LocalizationManager.cs:line 36 at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.Localization.LocalizationManager.GetCurrentCulture() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\slk-61053\Src\LearningComponents\Localization\LocalizationManager.cs:line 84 at Microsoft.LearningComponents.PackageValidator.Validate(PackageValidatorSettings packageValidatorSettings, PackageReader packageReader, Boolean logReplacement, ValidationResults log, ManifestReaderSettings manifestSettings, LrmSettings lrmSettings, ManifestReader& manifestReader) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\slk-61053\Src\LearningComponents\Validator.cs:line 428 at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.PackageStore.AddPackageReference(PackageReader packageReader, String location, PackageEnforcement packageEnforcement) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\slk-61053\Src\Storage\PackageStore.cs:line 138 at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.FileSystemPackageStore.AddPackage(PackageReader packageReader, PackageEnforcement packageEnforcement) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\slk-61053\Src\Storage\FSPackageStore.cs:line 174 at UploadPackage.UploadPackageButton_OnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\desktop\slk-61053\Samples\BasicWebPlayer\UploadPackage.aspx.cs:line 57 WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Thank you,

Ben Felda

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I faced the same issue. I have used the assemblies referenced by DotNetScorm and basic web player is working with those components with some issues in it.

As far as i remember the version was 1.3.0.2. You need to manually change a js file to return appropriate version (so that it matches somewhere in a comparison condition) other wise it wont work.

Regards

Badal

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I've updated the learning components so that they don't reference SharePoint anymore.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Received your new uploaded source, but it still requires Sharepoint.  Once you try to upload a file the btn_OkClick event handler in FileUploadPage.aspx.cs in the SlkDll project calls SlkStore.GetInstructorMembership passing in SPWeb.. :(, then ofcourse going straight to DropBoxManager..

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Anything in the SlkDll project will require SharePoint - it is the SharePoint Learning Kit after all. The original post was about the Basic Web Player which shouldn't have any reference to SharePoint and shouldn't be using the FileUploadPage.aspx.cs.

Richard

SLK Coordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM

gotcha.. ill have another look.. thanks.