Error occured in Assignment list

Topics: User Forum
Nov 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Howdy,

I've titled the assignment list "My Assignments" as per the docs. When the component initially loads, the first status at the top ("Active" in this case) has the word "ERROR" on the right of it. All others have an hourglass instead of the word "ERROR". If I select other statuses, the word "ERROR" will be written next to the selected status where the hourglass used to be.

On the right part of the webpart, it says: An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log.

I go to the log file in C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS (notice the French path: Could this be problematic? I've had to modify all the .bat files to use "Fichiers Communs" instead of "Common Files" or whatever it is in english) and this is what it says:

11/18/2009 16:46:44.56  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       90gf Medium   SQL: dbo.proc_MSS_PropagationGetQueryServers 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.59  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       8wni High     Resuming default catalog with reason 'GPR_PROPAGATION' for application 'SharedServices1'... 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.59  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       8wnj High     Resuming anchor text catalog with reason GPR_PROPAGATION' for application 'SharedServices1'... 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.65  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       8dvl Medium   Search application '4582be6d-fa57-4ba0-a193-20bc2b8d08b9': Provision start addresses in default content source. 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.68  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       7hmh High     exception in SearchUpgradeProvisioner Keyword Config System.InvalidOperationException: jobServerSearchServiceInstance is null     à Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchUpgradeProvisioner..ctor(SearchServiceInstance searchServiceInstance)     à Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.OSSPrimaryGathererProject.ProvisionContentSources() 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.71  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding SHAREPOINT\administrateur to local group 2. 
11/18/2009 16:46:44.71  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x06DC)                    0x0CB4 Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding SHAREPOINT\administrateur to local group 0. 

It would seem jobServerSearchServiceInstance is NULL. I'm wondering where one could go to start to fix this issue I'm having. Any help would be welcomed!

Not sure if this is relevant, but I installed the Learning Kit database stuff in a DB called "SharepointLearningKit" and the Course Manager stuff in "SharepointDB".

Cheers,

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM

You need to look in the server event log not the SharePoint logs. If you don't know how to get to that run eventvwr in the run command window.

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hi, having the excact same problem. I am trying a few things on my testing box at the moment as I was able to recreate the problem on it. From the logs it is clear that I have a few underlying errors to sort out first before I tackle this one. I will post any and all of my findings here

Matt

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Hi Mattr,

Someone pointed out that I should look at the event viewer for the exact error (not the sharepoint log). Once I went and checked in the event viewer / application logs, I saw i twas complaining about EnableSessionStatus being FALSE. I went in the configs, did a search for EnableSessionStatus and switched the value to TRUE. Restarted IIS (iisreset in a console) and everything worked!

David Poisson
Analyste-programmeur
DMR, une division de Fujitsu Conseil (Canada) inc.
Bureau : (418) 840-5101, poste 6887
David_Poisson@dmr.ca

Ce courriel et ses pièces jointes peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou privilégiés à l’intention du destinataire seulement. Toute revue, utilisation, distribution ou divulgation de ces renseignements par d’autres personnes est strictement interdite. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire de ce courriel, ou si vous n’êtes pas autorisé à recevoir ce courriel en son nom, vous n’avez pas le droit de l’examiner, de le copier ou de le distribuer. Veuillez communiquer avec l’expéditeur en lui répondant et supprimez toutes les copies de son message.

P Devez-vous vraiment imprimer ce courriel? Pensons à l'environnement!

De : mattr1981 [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Envoyé : 25 novembre 2009 04:41
À : David Poisson
Objet : Re: Error occured in Assignment list [SLK:75522]

Hi, having the excact same problem. I am trying a few things on my testing box at the moment as I was able to recreate the problem on it. From the logs it is clear that I have a few underlying errors to sort out first before I tackle this one. I will post any and all of my findings here

Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLK@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLK@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Hi, I had a feeling it was something to do with the session state. I had the EnableSessionState true but it was not working in my Farm.

I am about to try http://vspug.com/erickraus/2007/12/09/enable-session-state-in-sharepoint-2007/ on my test box to see if it helps.

Matt

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I have the same problem after creating "My assignments" following the Getting Started Document. When i want to create the web part it says in it "An error occurred. More information may be available in the server event log."

Here is the server event log associated:

SharePoint Learning Kit Error

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.LearningStore.GetSchemaInformationFromCache(String connectionString, ImpersonationBehavior impersonationBehavior, TextWriter debugLog)

at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.LearningStore.GetSchema()

at Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.LearningStore.CreateJob()

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.SlkStore.GetStore(SPWeb spWeb, String learningStoreUserKey)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.get_SlkStore()

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.SetQuerySetOverride()

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.SetAlwpProperties(Int32& cols)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.RenderAssignmentList(HtmlTextWriter htmlTextWriter)

at Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.WebParts.AssignmentListWebPart.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)"

Cheers