Simplified Chinese localization has no effect

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Hello!
I follow the instructions for the guidance document, in the Chinese environment(Server is set to chinese and website is also set as chinese), I installed SLK modified the Chinese language pack, but it does not take effect. Does the problem lie?

My settings are: Language for Simplified Chinese, culture.txt the contents of the file: zh-CN, LearningComponents.xml four XML files settings are: culture = "zh-CN"(when the value is empty also tried to invalid), the code page is 2052. and I found the folder C:\WINDOWS\assembly has submitted  new generation *. resources.dll files. But after iisreset or reset the server, the text in SLK is still displayed in English.

(Of course, SlkSettings.xml.dat updated after the submission of the Chinese was put into effect, it runs ok.)

Which friend encountered the same problem? What do where there was something missing? Thank you for appropriate advice! 

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I have again the system built-in Japanese language pack to do the test, but test results are the same. (Since its first release version is found in 1.1.0.0, so I modified the XML version number, adjusted to 1.3.1.0. In the pages show the results did not expect the Japanese text.

I have now confirmed as follows:

1. In the system C: \ WINDOWS \ assembly folder, the DLL file versions with the corresponding *. resources.dll version of the file is the same, are 1.3.1.0, which, resources.dll language is ja-JP (Japanese), or zh-CN (Chinese).
2. WINDOWS2003 the server's control panel has been the language settings have been changed to correspond to the language;
3. Http://localhost site settings will be adjusted to the corresponding region of national and regional;
4. IE browser settings to adjust the language option is the corresponding language.

I would like to know where there is still left out?

The only effect is to SlkSettings.xml, I can see the page in this file corresponds to the Chinese or Japanese.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM

same thing happened to me.... still trying to figure out why....

anyone plz, guide us....