Integrate MLC tables with existing db

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 2, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Hello: I'm building an LMS that essentially uses the functionality of the Basic Web Player to upload and launch training. I'm wondering if I can, instead of creating a separate database as is intended for the sample code, add the MLC tables to an existing database. Any immediate issues associated with this? I basically want to stay away from having to maintain two separate databases, one to manage training content and course completions, and another corporate database for everything else. Thanks. ~Kevin
Mar 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Are there any immediate concerns with integrating the MLC database tables with an existing corporate database? I understand I would need to make some changes to the sql script in order to modify an existing database rather than creating one from scratch. I'm reusing some of the sample code of the Basic Web Player - so should I be concerned with any of that code other than ensuring the db connection string in the web.config is altered appropriately? Are there any other dependancies - I can't think of any. Thanks again.
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Well, there are lots of options a user can set on the database. Examples: sorting order, transaction isolation mode, how nulls are handled, compatibility mode, and so on. If those options are set differently than what MLC can handle, then there might be problems. On the other hand, if the database was set up the same way the MLC sql script would set up the database, then everything should probably work fine.