WebPart Error: ...displayed ... imported ... The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

Topics: User Forum
Dec 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Please feel free to mock me if this is already on here. I truly have searched for an answer

My MOSS 2007 works great internally, slk assignment webpart works, assignments work all good. Externally however the assignment webpart gives me a

Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

I have check the GAC on the severs and microsoft.sharepointlearningkit.dll is in there, it is trusted full in the web.config (not in the inetpub...\bin but dont think that matters)

At the moment I would be greatful if someone could just point me in the right direction

Thanks

Matt

Notes on things tried:

Tried temporarily changing the trust in webconfig from minimal to medium then to full (as per MS Article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms916848.aspx). No effect

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:35 PM

It seems a few things had fallen apart. A reinstall of the SLK fixed the problem.