Update on Captivate 2 Integration

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 5, 2007 at 7:38 PM
As an update to my previous post, www.codeplex.com/SLK/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=7324, I also wanted to mention a another Captivate 2 specific issue we ran into.

When you navigate to the E-Learning actions page after uploading the Captivate package, Sharepoint throws the following error:

Some errors in this learning resource were repaired, but the learning resource may not function as expected.
(hide details...)
The value "" of element <imsss:minNormalizedMeasure> is an invalid value. It has been replaced by the default value "(element has been removed)". Extra information: The value is not the expected type.


This is a value that is not being passed in the IMSManifist.xml file.

Replace the following line
<imsss:minNormalizedMeasure></imsss:minNormalizedMeasure>

with
<imsss:minNormalizedMeasure>0.7</imsss:minNormalizedMeasure>

where 0.7 would mean you want at least 70% correct answers to pass.

This XML is current for each time you publish the ZIP in Captivate, so each time you publish you'll need to copy the XML from the ZIP to somewhere else, edit it, and reinsert it into the ZIP.

Hope this helps.

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:49 PM
Also, I thought this error was what was the cause when SLK wasn't receiving the score from the Captivate content. However, this error turned out to be meaningless and the content displays just fine with the error. This can be a timesaving piece of information.
Apr 2, 2007 at 12:09 PM
I finally found what does the trick. On the htm file produced by the captivate publishing process, you need to change the parameter: var g_intAPIOrder = 1;
to var g_intAPIOrder = 0;
Afterwards, the SKL-Captivate integration will work like a charm.

More info can be found in:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/output_scorm_04.html
Apr 2, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for your work on this! This is valuable info.
--Mike Hines
May 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Thanks so much!

That's really such a valuable information.
I was able to get the scores using TechSmith's Camtasia, but not with Adobe Captivate 2. Now, I can also get the results with it as well... :)

Cheers,

zieglers
Aug 4, 2007 at 8:28 AM
Thank you for the information,
but at my system it doesn't seem to work. the g_intAPIOrder was actually set to 0, but the scores aren't transfered to SLK. Also changing the value to 1 doesn't help. Do you have any other hints where to look?
Thank you
Dirk
Aug 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM
Dirk,

Were you able to get the solitaire example (that comes with SLK) to work? Which version of SCORM are you trying to export as from Captivate 2?

Have you tried what I suggested in my previous post:

http://www.codeplex.com/SLK/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=7324

If that doesn't work, I was able to find some help, not a lot, but some at Adobe's dev site.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/

This was 5 months ago, I'm guessing there might be a bit more posted now that Captivate 2 has been out for awhile. Hope this helps.
Mar 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM
So i know this is kinda late on my behalf. but i am working with the newer version, Captivate 3. and i am coming across working with SLK and Captivate 3 to create e-learning quizes that work with SLK. i would love if anyone can e-mail me with suggestions with how to create and package a sample quiz in Captivate and how it can be used with SLK. my email is chris.coogan@epgtech.net i really learned alot in the posts above but im afraid i need to learn more!