Compiling in Visual Stidio

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 14, 2007 at 11:12 AM
Hi! I have such problem. I tried to compile web-site from source code in Visual Studio 2005.
As a result I have 5 troubles, here they are:

Error 1 Impossible loading file "Microsoft.LearningComponents" or one of independent components. It is impossible to check up the signature of a strict name. Probably, assembly has been changed or constructed with the postponed signature, but not completely signed by the correct closed key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)

Error 2 The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\gacutil" -i "C:\SLK Source\Slk\Dll\bin\Debug\Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.dll"" exited with code 1. SlkDll

Error 3 The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\gacutil" -i "C:\SLK Source\Src\SharePoint\bin\Debug\Microsoft.LearningComponents.SharePoint.dll"" exited with code 1. SharePoint

Error 4 The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\gacutil" -i "C:\SLK Source\Src\Storage\bin\Debug\Microsoft.LearningComponents.Storage.dll"" exited with code 1. Storage

Error 5 The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\gacutil" -i "C:\SLK Source\Src\LearningComponents\bin\Debug\Microsoft.LearningComponents.dll"" exited with code 1. LearningComponents
Mar 15, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Hi Evpator,

Code that is custom built is only partially signed. You either have to change the build configuration to strongly sign the dlls or disable strong name validation using the sn.exe tool, in order to deploy the dlls.

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2007 at 12:23 PM