Versión webpart

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hi,

I've installed version 1.4 buy I don´t see any changes with versión 1.3.

I've seen that the version of the webpart in my server is Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit, Version=1.3.1.0, is it right?

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Correct, but go into c:\windows\assemblies from Microsoft.SharePointLearningKit.dll, right click and select properties. Find the File Version, that should be 1.4.

The version in the strong-name cannot change as it breaks all instances of the web parts deployed on your site and all applications compiled against the previous version.

Richard

SLK Co-ordinator

http://blog.salamandersoft.co.uk

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Ok, thanks Richard.

I don´t see any changes. I've read that there is new funcionality with no scorm courses but I see the same webpart that in previous version....

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I've just seen that my dll version is 1.3.1.

I uninstalled version 1.3.1 and then I've installed 1.4 following the instructions. What's the problem?

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

This got me at first as well.  As Richard said, in Windows Explorer the version does in fact show 1.3.1.  Additionally, viewing the Properties will display 1.3.1 again on the General tab. However, on the Version tab, the updated version will display.  Initially I just looked at the 1.3.1 and figured something was wrong.  Hope this helps.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Hi sschwartz,

In the server gac (c:\windows\assemblies) there is the 1.3.1 version...

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Ok sschwartz, I've seen the version tab ant it is 1.4

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Manuelspam,

Did you got it resolved?
I'm also having issues.