Cannot Deploy (again)

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 21, 2007 at 8:40 PM
I'm installing SLK on a brand new server, having succeeded on an earlier system. This box is not a DC, it's addressible by http://localhost, so I figured the DeploySolution.cmd file should work. It has Portal 2007 loaded. I've scrathed the system once, but no change. Everything works, but I get the following when I attempt to deploy. Any special way to get this to deploy?

<Solutions Count="1">
<Solution Name="sharepointlearningkit.wsp">
<Id>00057001-c978-11da-ba52-00042350e42e</Id>
<File>sharepointlearningkit.wsp</File>
<Deployed>FALSE</Deployed>
<WebApplicationSpecific>TRUE</WebApplicationSpecific>
<ContainsGlobalAssembly>TRUE</ContainsGlobalAssembly>
<ContainsCodeAccessSecurityPolicy>FALSE</ContainsCodeAccessSecurityPolicy>

<SolutionDeploymentJob id="4daebe36-668f-48bc-b08b-5b244090b874">
<Title>Windows SharePoint Services Solution Deployment for "sharepointl
earningkit.wsp"</Title>
<Type>Deployment</Type>
<State>Pending</State>
</SolutionDeploymentJob>
</Solution>
</Solutions>
Mar 21, 2007 at 10:35 PM
I recently had to wait 45 minutes before my SLK solution was completely deployed.
The only things that changed from my super fast deployments to this one are:

1. Server is half the speed and memory
2. Running the deployment via Remote Desktop
3. SLK is the second SharePoint solution installed on the server.

In the end, it has deployed and works fine.
Why the wait? I don't know. How long have you tried waiting?

--Mike
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2007 at 2:23 PM
Thanks for the reply MikeHines. Oddly enough, I match your circumstances to a T. All I knew was I was sitting around for quite some time, between attempts, but never an hour or more until the last day. Then I came in the next morning and found SLK magically deployed.

I have tracked down the culprit. It's a Daylight Savings Time hang-up. In other forums for Sharepoint 07 and WSS 3, there is word of a DST complication causing scheduled tasks to start 1 hour late, instead of immediately. The official workaround is to manually modify your time zone. So, I changed mine from Central to Mountain, and all is good.... I guess...
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Additional Information:

http://blogs.vertigo.com/personal/willa/Blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=7

I've confirmed the Microsoft DST support site as indicating that "no action is required" for WSS3.
Mar 27, 2007 at 7:30 PM
Good grief!
Thanks tons for your research on this. While I'm gald to hear that this is not a bug in SLK, I'm still a bit frustrated that it's a SharePoint DST issue.
--Mike MSFT