SLK Web Structure

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 27, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Hi Folks

I'm having a bit of a problem coming up with a workable design for our colleges folder structure within sharepoint SLK. Bascially we want to have 1 point of focus for all staff and studnets to log onto. From this home page, for a students, we thought it would be possible to only show the courses that they are enroled on. So, they go to slksite.collegename.ac.uk and from this home page it would show only HNC quality for example. From a lecturers point of view they would go to the same page but be re-directed to a faculty page, from there they would only see the school then subject areas they have permissions for, so for example a computing lectuer would log on and see the Faculty of technology site, bellow this though he would only see the School of Computing, then the NC, HNC and HND courses within this structure. Logically Our design looks something like this
Homepage
-----Faculty Page (i.e Business, managment and accounting)
------School Page (buisness and managment)
----- Subject Page (HNC, HND, NC group)
---- Course Page (specific course i.e HNC quality)

Is it possible to do what we are attempting, or would we be better of scrapping the likes of the faculty and school pages in favour for a home page with a course catalogue?
Mar 27, 2007 at 11:14 AM
incidently i've just came across this web page, i think thi smay solve the issue
http://store.bamboosolutions.com/pc-14-1-group-redirect-web-part.aspx